Education, being one of the highest priorities for the Canadian government it is one of the world’s top education performers. The post-secondary education system in Canada is divided into:
- Certificate level, generally for a year
- Diploma level, for one or two years
- Advanced Diploma, generally two or three-year programs
- Bachelor degrees, awarded after four years of full-time study
- Postgraduate diplomas/certificates, for one or two years of study
- Master’s degrees, available after a bachelor degree to excel in a certain subject, for one to two years
- Doctorate or Ph.D. generally four to seven years.